Mothers Day has become bittersweet for me the last few years. I remember the first Mothers Day after my mom died, I couldn't even go to church. I didn't feel like hearing about how great moms were and how thankful everyone was to have theirs in their lives. Fast forward 4 years later and Mothers Day has become such a joyful day. I am blessed with a thoughtful husband and wonderful children who pour their unconditional love on me. I am so grateful for the example my mom gave me on how to be a good mother. I remember what a magical quality she had when we would play together when I was growing up. She could play hide and seek, draw pictures and make me beautiful clothes. Her absence is missed, but I can always feel her spirit when I'm playing with Gabriel and Genevieve and we're lost in a story or cuddling together.
Happy Mothers Day to my mom and very best friend, Jo.

No comments:
Post a Comment